:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Roger Leigh
A: Edward Bartolo
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
On 23/11/2015 18:13, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The backend, in a way, already handles lists. All I need to do is
> extract the code and put it in a struct. This 'reinventing of the
> wheel' will avoid having to content ourselves with what libraries
> offer whatever that may be. With netman, the goal was to avoid as many
> dependencies as possible: using huge libraries defies that purpose.

Avoiding unnecessary dependencies makes sense. But this thread was
about GtkBuilder for the frontend, with some suggestions regarding GTKmm.

If you're using GTK+, you already have a transitive dependency upon
GLib. In consequence, using GLib features is not adding any additional
dependency. Not using e.g. GList doesn't reduce your dependencies--you
are linking against GLib whether you want it or not, so if using it
helps, it doesn't add any extra cost.

And if you're using GTKmm, you're going to be linking against the C++
standard library libstdc++ by default, so using the standard C++
containers like std::vector, std::list is also essentially "free". And
these integrate transparently with the GTKmm API, so you can use them
directly in the frontend.

Regards,
Roger