:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nate Bargmann
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
* On 2015 23 Nov 06:18 -0600, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi Nate,
>
> Yes, i'm taking a look at this.
>
> gtk, glib, atk, cairo, pango, gdk-pixbuf...

Before you guys go too far down the GTK rabbit hole, which will
eventually force you into GTK3, you may want to ponder this:

https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/gtk-3-10-drops-menu-icons-and-mnemonics/

He has some more commentary on GTK and GNOME on that blog.

I took up maintainership of a small ham radio application a couple of
years ago that uses GTK2. I'm just waiting for the inevitable bug
report that GTK2 is no longer going to be included in
$PICK_YOUR_DISTRIBUTION and that my application needs to be updated to
GTK3 or it will be dropped, etc. I'm not entirely certain what I will
do when that day comes. It is something to think about and a good
reason not to select GTK2 for a new project, IMO, however, it seems to
me that GTK3 less a tool kit these days and a GNOME only set of graphics
routines.

Other options include Qt and FLTK, both of which are written for C++ and
thus the C code base may need to be rewritten in large part.

- Nate