:: Re: [DNG] How to integrate devuan-i…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] How to integrate devuan-installer in an existing devuan based system
On 11/21/2015 07:27 AM, aitor_czr wrote:
> "How to integrate devuan-installer in an existing devuan based system"

<snip>

Nice howto. Not too long - just the right length.

Is there a devuan-installer package, or are we just using the debian
installer?

> Install the following packages:
>
> root@devuan:~# apt-get install live-boot live-boot-initramfs-tools
> live-tools live-config live-config-sysvinit

These will already be installed in Refracta or Exegnulinux. (Possibly not
live-tools, I think I left it out in the last Refracta builds. I'm pretty
sure that all it does is change update-initramfs so it puts the updated
initrd in /live instead of in /boot.)

> You can use 'mksquashfs' for getting the new filesystem.squashfs, but i
> prefer to use live-build.
>
> Using live-build we will get a better compression (Ozi and Frits are
> working on that).

Try it with 'mksquashfs -comp=xz' for a smaller file. If you can compress
better than that, I would like to know more about it. Thanks.

-fsr