:: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free network-mana…
Página Principal
Autor: Didier Kryn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free network-manager package
Le 16/11/2015 20:31, Mitt Green a écrit :
> Here is a manual with some screenshots for those
> who aren't familiar with Ceni. Everything is really
> simple.
>
> http://manual.aptosid.com/en/inet-ceni-en.htm

     As far as I understand the documentation, Ceni is not a Curses
replacement for wpa_gui as I first expected it was. It is a helper to
build the initial configuration of wpa_supplicant. This can be usefull
for people who are not comfortable with text editors. To be able to do
this initial configuration, Ceni asks for the root password.

     One good thing about Ceni's documentation is that it contains an
up-to-date howto for people who still want to do this configuration with
the text editor, while the howto I have given in a recent mail is for
older versions of wpa_supplicant. The reason is that in older versions
of wpa_supplicant, there was only one config file, wpa_supplicant.conf,
while the newer version splits configuration between wpa_supplicant.conf
and wpa_roam.conf.

     Didier