:: Re: [DNG] Problems of Devuan instal…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: fsmithred
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Problems of Devuan installer (Alpha2) I experinced.
On 11/16/2015 06:55 AM, janpenguin@??? wrote:

> On 'Guided - use the largest continous free space', how dose it know the
> free space on the hard disk which is already partitioned?

In this case, "free space" refers to un-partitioned space. It does not
refer to free filesystem space on a formatted partition.

I never use Guided partitioning, but I would expect it to complain if
there wasn't any free space.

Someone mentioned leaving extra free space at the beginning of the drive.
I ran into this when installing grub2 onto a live-usb. Somewhere, I read
that it needs 2MB, so I always do that now.

fsr