:: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free network-mana…
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Tópicos Novos: [DNG] dbus, Was Re: Systemd-free network-manager package
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free network-manager package
On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:22:15 +0300
4ernov <4ernov@???> wrote:

> >> And I'd like to take a chance to say big thanks to all the
> >> developers for this efforts and wish Devuan project all the best.

I'm going to answer this question as an individual, which, while not
responsive to your question about the Devuan project, might be of
interest.

To the extent convenient, I avoid dbus entanglements. This is why I
*never* use Network-Manager. This is also one of several reasons I
prefer the wonderful Openbox window manager to the equally wonderful
LXDE wm, at least on my daily driver desktop.

But I would *never* expect my distro to supply me a dbus-less computer:
dbus has already been integrated into too much stuff to back out. I can
easily run dbusless. Until I run any kind of GUI program, then that all
goes out the window. Gotta love that Freedesktop.org.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist