:: Re: [DNG] greybeards
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] greybeards
Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@???> writes:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:
>> (hence, having to recurr to someone who
>> accidentally made it through the hiring process despite he was
>> competent).
>
> Maybe you meant "incompetent"? Either way, have fun.

Considering that this was about NASA being incapable of finding someone
making a certain software change among their current set of engineers
and hence, having to call someone in for help who was in retirement, I
obviously meant "competent", IOW, the important part here wasn't that
some people of the involved people were relatively younger/ older than
some other people despite the author of the article tried very hard to
frame it this way. In particular, there's no shortage of people of any
age who are passionate (and good) machine language programmers and any
competent programmer should be capable of doing this or at least
of learning how to do it insofar the need arises.

And this cuts both ways: "The new toys" don't have an age filter built
into them, either, that's again just a matter of being willing to (and
capable of) learning and then applying the stuff.
?
Assuming you are VW and have a policy of hiring people based on a proven
talent for cheating in tests and these people then develop in-car software,
can you imagine a possible outcome?

[I had to make this joke sooner or later :-)]