:: Re: [DNG] greybeards
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] greybeards
Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@???> writes:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 01:54:37PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

[...]

> http://blog.pluralsight.com/give-me-those-old-time-programmers
>
> which illustrates that people and tech may be old, but they're
> certainly not antique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well

Specifically, given enough time, every young fool will turn into an old
fool, and there's surely no shortage of either. This particular quality
doesn't belong into a technical discussion. And this includes "damning
with faint praise" articles like the one linked-to above. This is not
really about "strange, arcane knowledg" it's about "NASA having trouble
hiring competent people" (hence, having to recurr to someone who
accidentally made it through the hiring process despite he was
competent).