:: Re: [DNG] greybeards
Top Pagina
Auteur: Nuno Magalhães
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] greybeards
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 01:54:37PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:57:19 +0300
>> Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:
>>
>> > ‎I wonder how many people that use Debian for quite long time (since
>> > 90s or the beginning of this millennium) really like systemd, GNOME3
>> > and all these controversial things. I haven't met any. And even more,
>> > most "greybeards" that I've seen oppose it. Seems like they don't have
>> > a right to vote.

I was gonna say "I!" but it's more like since 2000.

When i still paid much attention to the list, i.e. before the devs
decided to fork themselves into IRC, i always liked reading stuff
written by "greybeards". I have heard that term before applied to
people like Stallman (well he's not really the best example, but) and
to me it has always meant Old Wise Person. So i like reading Mr
Bloom's posts. I was unaware the same term can have a derrogatory
meaning (english not being my native language) and to those who use it
as such i can only point them to this example:

http://blog.pluralsight.com/give-me-those-old-time-programmers

which illustrates that people and tech may be old, but they're
certainly not antique.

Shouldn't this be OT?

Cheers,
Nuno