:: Re: [DNG] OT: Degree?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mitt Green
Aan: Dima Krasner
CC: Dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] OT: Degree?
Thanks, that's exactly.

I've met some people at local Linux meet, some of them
have 20 year experience, yet they don't know
that if you have a problem you can write to a mailing list.
The same dude, by the way, said that he doesn't like
sysvinit and systemd is easier and solves these problems.
Which problems, he didn't point out.

I mean, that's something normal, neither years in the field
nor degree won't make you smart and experienced
(years are not equal to experience) alone, something
has to be inside your skull.

I believe that skills should be more important in the industry.
A man at our local gym once approached me (after
an occasional talk about languages) and said that his
small firm (well, not *his* really, he works there) needs
good programmers and added that degree doesn't matter.
He added that it's hard to find *good* developers
and those Bachelors are not always *good*. But, of course,
if a man has a paper with his name on it, saying
"look, I spent four years at the university, I must be
knowing something!" then it's a good thing which
powers-up your portfolio. But alone a paper shouldn't be
*that* important.

My 0.02

Mitt