:: Re: [DNG] An abrupt end to Debian L…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] An abrupt end to Debian Live CD version?
On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:03:31 +0300
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> I meant it in a good way if there is, like "most experienced,
> mature, knows everything", not to insult someone.
>
> Veteran is a good word for it actually (-:

I was pretty sure you did, Mitt. I just wanted to make sure those
particular words don't get used by technologists.

There are certain words designed to lower the salaries of
technologists. The #1 word I can think of is "techies", whose
implication is this is some coding savant you can't let near humans, so
we can't pay him near as much as we pay the soshes and suits.
"Greybeard" is another one.

By the way, my use of "soshes" and "suits" is just as bad as graybeard
and techie: It just makes light of a different set of employees, and I
probably shouldn't have used it, but it was the best way I knew to draw
the contrast.

But yeah, I knew you didn't mean it in a bad way. I've been called that
stuff in a bad way, and the distinction is immediately obvious.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist