:: Re: [DNG] devuan-baseconf package v…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] devuan-baseconf package versions and repositories

dear Vicente,

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015, Vicente Vera wrote:

> 0.6.4+devuan1 = jessie
> 0.6.4+devuan2 = ascii
> 0.6.4+devuan3 = ceres
>
> So to upgrade Wheezy, devuan-baseconf_0.6.4+devuan1_all.deb should be
> installed. This way it isn't needed to modify sources.list again,
> manually.
>
> I was about to install 0.6.4+devuan3 because 3>1 ;)
>
> AFAIK this hasn't been documented elsewhere?

no! and your round-up is useful here.

the progression you show is mostly following the setup and testing done
in development phase of all three release series, one by one, months ago

the last time I've discussed about debuan-baseconf with nextime, we both
expressed the (mild) opinion to remove this package completely and
recommend people do a manual edit of their repository.

I'm not sure what are the opinions here, but I'm still somehow reluctant
to remove the devuan-baseconf completely because it is handy to have an
install package that can also set pinning files in the extreme case we
need them. So far for instance pinning is important to be able to
safely use security updates from Debian. But then we may simply go for
transparency above all, know-what-you-do and recommend people copy lines
by hand, perhaps better no?

ciao