Til: Dng
Emne: [DNG] OT: Degree?

Hi everyone‎,

This is offtopic. I'm interested in whether college or university degree
is necessary to work in IT industry (of any kind: admin, embedded systems
developer, driver developer, mobile systems, consulting, hardware etc).

Questions:
1) Are there many people without degrees in the industry?
2) Which companies (just for examples) don't require it?
3) Are there any hobbyists around here, that earn some money from
coding?

>From what I've heard, universities here teach something that is

obsolete and is not used anymore, or simply don't teach what we do
here (Unix, administration, hardware...).

Thanks for any kind of information,

Mitt