:: Re: [DNG] upgrade to devuan
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Vicente Vera
A: dev1fanboy, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] upgrade to devuan
Hello, thank you. Actually it was your guides that moved me to switch to Devuan.

I was very confused at the time I made this thread. Now I know Wheezy
ISO images are perfectly operational; I thought they were "obsolete"
since Jessie came out! I have some doubts though.

These steps should work, I guess, to upgrade from a Wheezy base system
to Devuan Jessie:

cd /tmp/
wget http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/d/devuan-baseconf/devuan-baseconf_0.6.4+devuan1_all.deb
dpkg -i devuan-baseconf_0.6.4+devuan1_all.deb
apt-get update                # Switch repos
apt-get install devuan-keyring
apt-get install base-files    # Needed with Wheezy?
apt-get install sysvinit-core # Needed with Wheezy?
apt-get dist-upgrade          # Install Devuan!

AFAIK installing devuan-baseconf_0.6.4+devuan1_all.deb is pretty much
the same as modifying sources.list by hand. I chose 0.6.4+devuan1
because--correct me if I'm wrong:

0.6.4+devuan1 = jessie
0.6.4+devuan2 = ascii
0.6.4+devuan3 = ceres