:: Re: [DNG] Office pack
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Office pack
Le 08/11/2015 16:51, Haines Brown a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 05:16:20PM +0100, Stefan Mark wrote:
>> On 02.11.2015 16:50, Mitt Green wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm in search for an office pack. Considering Gnumeric as a decent spreadsheet
>>> application (even better than LibreOffice's one?), I can't be sure about word
>>> processor, speaking of numerous AbiWord issues.
>>>
>>> LibreOffice has too many dependencies, as well as AbiWord, while I'd like
>>> to remain minimalistic.
> I'm undoubtedly biased, but I have come to find plain LaTeX easier than
> a word processor. My wife, a computer newbie, has a Mac laptop that came
> with a word processor (Page, I think), and she was struggling with it. I
> set her up with LaTeX, and life became easier for her, using a simple
> template. Some people (but not I) might recommend LyX as a compromise.

     LaTeX  has been used for collaborative work by scientists for
decades. OTOH, it takes some learning to work with it and it is not
wysiwig at all.

     Lyx is a wysiwym (what you see is what you mean) font-end to Latex;
it is nice if you have some experience in Latex, but nearly unusable
otherwise. Lyx may be painfull when writing complicated math formulas or
nested enumerations.

     The Lyx format is probably not good for version control; but Lyx is
convenient for small-size non-collaborative documents. It can of course
export the document in Latex, but this is not a good way to bootstrap a
Latex work, because Lyx includes its own Latex headers which the other
collaborators not necessarily have installed.

     Didier