:: Re: [DNG] NVidia driver howto?
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: hal
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Vanhat otsikot: Re: [DNG] NVidia driver howto?
Aihe: Re: [DNG] NVidia driver howto?
hal wrote on 09/03/2015 06:17 AM:
> alias nvidia nvidia_340
> alias nvidia-uvm nvidia_340-uvm

Just a follow up on my eariler post about nvidia drivers (months ago).

I had to remove these two lines today from my /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-graphics-drivers-ubuntu.conf file. I rebuilt the nvidia driver and it borked when trying to insert the new module:

modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:816 kmod_module_insert_module() could not find module by name='nvidia_340_uvm'
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nvidia_340_uvm': Function not implemented

As it turned out, the two lines above referencing nvidia_340 were in conflict with the latest nvidia 352-55 driver. Commenting them out allowed the module to build succesfully. Hope it helps someone else.