:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on top of OpenVZ
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hoshpak
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Devuan on top of OpenVZ
Hi Emiliano,

Am 06.11.2015 um 17:00 schrieb Emiliano Marini:
> I have plans to migrate my OpenVZ powered VPS from Wheezy to Devuan 1.0
> Jessie following dev1fanboy's guide.
>
> Has someone tried Devuan on an OpenVZ container?

I haven't tried Devuan specifically but upgrading between different
distribution version in an OpenVZ container is usually a bad idea and
doesn't work in most cases.

Specifically if you are using a VPS based on the OpenVZ-Template
supplied by Parallels/Odin, it is (for some strange reason)
preconfigured with upstart. Upgrading such a system will usually result
in the removal of upstart and then you won't be able to start your VPS
again because OpenVZ doesn't find upstart any more. I didnt try
upgrading while forcing upstart to stay installed but I guess it would
fail anyway because of some other incompatibility (glibc/kernel or
something else).

The best and probably only way to get Devuan working in a OpenVZ-VPS
would be if someone built an OpenVZ-template for it.

Regards,
Helmut