:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 05:43:43PM +0000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> Simon Hobson <linux@???> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Besides, (on bare metal) there's all that BIOS stuff that happens
> > before the OS even gets a look-in - I sometimes wonder if Dell and HP
> > have a competition on how long they can make this process !
>
> That may (in absence of "hardware RAID") be simply to fix: Disable PXE
> boot. For some reason lost in the mists of time[*], that's always
> enabled by default and it has a fairly long timeout (easily longer than
> all of the remaining boot process).
>
> [*] I used that for setting up a diskless NetBSD system (supposed to be
> used by many 'small computers') in 2001 or 2002 but haven't ever
> encountered it since.

Please do not tell the systemd guys that the bios PXE boot takes so
much time to do its work, otherwise they will go head down to replace
it with their own parallel-faster-more-reliable-memory-eating
systemd-PXEbootd.....

:D

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]