:: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: miro.rovis
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch
On 151105-21:19-0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:18:42 +0000
> Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@???> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 8:49 AM, <miro.rovis@???> wrote:
> > >
> > > It is very unlikely that Gentoo would switch to systemd.
> >
> > I sure hope so, it and slackware are my current distros of choice ever
> > since Debian ceased to be, it's been fun.
> > However, i must point out that Gentoo does have systemd as an option
> > and this, IMHO, is the best approach i've seen so far to this whole
> > conundrum: default OpenRC, optional (if you choose), systemd.
> > Everybody's happy.
> >
> > As for distros that'll never ever change to systemd... look to the
> > past and see what happened.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nuno
>
> I'd start by booting a System Rescue CD CD,

the Gentoo based Live CD, that is.

> hopefully booting it to RAM
> so you can remove the CD.

Sure, that's the recommended way...

> Run it for a couple hours. If you hear any
> beeps, it's hardware. Otherwise it was software and you can start from
> there.
>
> You really wouldn't want to start with an erroneous assumption as to
> whether it's hardware or software: That's the kind of thing that leads
> to day or week long efforts.

Probably that is the case. In fact I sure can take your word that it is.
I mostly agree with your opinions which I read in Devuan ML. You're
credible enough. (It probably depends on what you do with it, in my
minimal use, just backup and restore, if face cloning my systems, to be
truthful, I don't have those issues. But that does not mean I recommend
anything systemd-based.)

But it seems you present Sysresccd as a typical Gentoo install, and that
it reflect the acceptance if systemd in Gentoo, is that the case?

If it is, you are wrong (in your presenting of Sysresccd as being
typical for Gentoo).

Sysresccd is not recommended as a live system to use, to newbies in
Gentoo Installation guide, since a few years ago. It was previously,
maybe 5 or so years ago. Not anymore.

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis