:: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Distrowatch
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:18:42 +0000
Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 8:49 AM, <miro.rovis@???> wrote:
> >
> > It is very unlikely that Gentoo would switch to systemd.
>
> I sure hope so, it and slackware are my current distros of choice ever
> since Debian ceased to be, it's been fun.
> However, i must point out that Gentoo does have systemd as an option
> and this, IMHO, is the best approach i've seen so far to this whole
> conundrum: default OpenRC, optional (if you choose), systemd.
> Everybody's happy.
>
> As for distros that'll never ever change to systemd... look to the
> past and see what happened.
>
> Cheers,
> Nuno

I'd start by booting a System Rescue CD CD, hopefully booting it to RAM
so you can remove the CD. Run it for a couple hours. If you hear any
beeps, it's hardware. Otherwise it was software and you can start from
there.

You really wouldn't want to start with an erroneous assumption as to
whether it's hardware or software: That's the kind of thing that leads
to day or week long efforts.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist