:: Re: [DNG] laptop beeps
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Linux O'Beardly
A: Hendrik Boom
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] laptop beeps
I've ran into this issue many times, and unfortunately, it's rarely the
same cause. Historically, it's caused by three general issues:

1. A service is trying to start in the background that cannot start. I
ran into this a lot in the old days when USB peripherals were just coming
into use and had issues with modules trying to load that weren't needed.
See if you have a module or service bouncing in the background.
2. It's hardware. Some piece of hardware is failing and it's causing a
beep. This happens with Smart HDDs at times; usually a warning sign they
are about to fail.
3. It's a firmware conflict with your OS. I had a Dell Netbook I built
for a girl and it did the same thing. I don't know what the specific cause
was, but the symptoms were pretty much identical to what you're seeing. I
updated the firmware and it never happened again.

Then again, it could be none of these. Apologies for giving you more
questions than answers, but those are the worst types of issues to try to
run down. I wish I could be of more assistance.

HTH,

Linux O'Beardly
@LinuxOBeardly
http://o.beard.ly