:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Didier Kryn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
Le 04/11/2015 09:08, KatolaZ a écrit :
> Thank you very much. Very nice guide, but please: do not urge people
> to reboot, ever. There is simply no need at all to reboot, and in the
> ovewhelming majority of use cases it is not necessary at all to use
> the latest kernel available, unless using "the kernel shipped with
> Devuan" is the only way for you to get a crappy device finally
> work. But if your crappy devices are already working, just avoid
> rebooting, unless you need to power the system down for some other
> reason.

     Rebooting several times during an upgrade is the Windows fashion,
and it's satisfactory that you don't need it when upgrading a Linux system.

     But it happened to me some times in the past that my Debian box
didn't restart properly after even a simple apt-get upgrade, not to talk
of a dist-upgrade. Therefore I can understand that one is eager to
immediately check that it works.

     If you think a translation of the guide into french maybe usefull,
I would happily do it. I think, though, that, at this level of geekery,
people have enough understanding of "computer-english".

     Didier