Skribent: Nuno Magalhães
Til: dng
Nye-emner: [DNG] OT driverless cars, was: Re: Systemd-free distros Was Re: Distrowatch
Emne: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free distros Was Re: Distrowatch
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
> Here, you are talking to someone who developed a GRAPHICAL network
> manager. You see, I too created an application to help 'clueless'
> users. Ubuntu is not the only distribution to help newbies.

I tend to make a distinction between clueless and newbie, not just in
IT either, but that's just me. Driving vehicles comes to mind with the
new self-driven hype.
Point remains: most of the "less-tech-savy" users will probably not
even know what systemd is, or what the fuss is all about. It's all
been seamless, without hitch. The OS boots and gives them a GUI, done.
I don't remember saying Devuan is not about choice -- lemme check --
nope, didn't say that. Please quote me directly instead of trying to
imply i said something like «thinking Devuan will remove graphical
interfaces» -- didn't say that either.

There are my opinions, regardless of how many isolated cases you may
find to counter. Feel free to disagree. I'm done. This discussion is
pointless and fruitless.

Cheers,
Nuno