:: Re: [DNG] Office pack
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumptes nous: [DNG] Office packs and revision control
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Office pack
On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:08:07 -0800
Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@???> wrote:

> > > LibreOffice has too many dependencies, as well as AbiWord, while
> > > I'd like to remain minimalistic.
> > >
> > > What do you use daily and would advise?
>
> I don't do that daily anymore, but I used to write/do basic formatting
> in Ted, then the fancy stuff in one of OO/LO Write, MS Word, or
> TextMaker.
>
> Sometimes I used VDE or MS Word for DOS 5.5 from FreeDOS or dosemu for
> preliminary writing; of the two, I'd only recommend vde.

I made some big strides on Stylz last night. I'm thinking I can have a
not-too-featureful Stylz to Xhtml converter within a couple weeks. From
there it's a matter of creating an Xhtml to ePub converter and an Xhtml
to PDF converter.

Maybe in a few months we can stop using bloatware like Sigil, LyX,
LibreOffice and MSWord, stop using settleware like Markdown and
MultiMarkdown and all the Wiki languages, and write our long documents
in styles-based, easy to type, plain text, with Stylz. That's what I'm
aiming for.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist