:: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free distros Was …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Mitt Green
Dátum:
Címzett: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free distros Was Re: Distrowatch
> ‎There are some more I believe. As Fredrik Rinnestam of
> CRUX  said
> "Switch to systemd? over my dead body", we can count this.

>> Thanks. I didn't know this. I'll check it out.

Here's the message
https://lists.crux.nu/pipermail/crux-devel/2012-July/004039.html

>>> If you can actually install a functional NetBSD, you're much more

skilled than I. After about 4 hours playing whack-a-mole with NetBSD
problems precluding a barely functional machine, I gave up.

By the way, their installer is much simpler than for example
OpenBSD's. One just need to configure the system
to match their needs and it takes some time. Plus a HUGE
amount of documentation makes it easier even for
a computer newbie.

> There is also Alpine which uses BusyBox.

>> I didn't know this. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Alpine uses musl which I think can't be used on a systemd
distro. And it failed to boot on my machine.

>> Thanks for the excellent info!

Someone (yes, me) simply has too much time to surf the net (:

                     Mitt