:: Re: [DNG] Is Jude Nelson OK?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jude Nelson
À: aitor_czr
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Is Jude Nelson OK?
I'm alive, barely. Not only am I working on my thesis, but also I work at
a start-up based on my thesis's technology, and I've had to spend the past
few weeks preparing for a conference at which I'm presenting this week. I
haven't even had time to answer emails :(

Shraptor: I've seen your emails and Github reports--I think you've
discovered the source of the ID_INPUT bug. The udev-compat.sh script walks
the metadata stored in /dev/metadata/dev/$DEVICE, and uses it to generate
the udev labels and tags. The stat_input helper in /lib/vdev should print
out VDEV_INPUT=1 when given the path to the device file to your mouse, and
VDEV_INPUT=1 should be present in
/dev/metadata/dev/$MOUSE_DEVICE/properties. udev-compat.sh reads the
properties file and translates VDEV_INPUT=1 into E:ID_INPUT=1 in
/run/udev/data/$MOUSE_DEVICE_ID. The fact that this isn't happening
consistently suggests either a race condition, or a bug in udev-compat.sh
that causes the udev file (in /run/udev) to get overwritten somehow.

Example of what should happen with character device 13,82
(/dev/input/event18 on my laptop)

$ /lib/vdev/stat_input /dev/input/event18
VDEV_INPUT=1
VDEV_INPUT_MOUSE=1
VDEV_INPUT_CLASS=mouse
VDEV_PROPERTIES="VDEV_INPUT VDEV_INPUT_MOUSE VDEV_INPUT_CLASS "

$ stat /dev/input/event18
  File: '/dev/input/event18'
  Size: 0         Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   character special file
Device: fh/15d Inode: 38955       Links: 1     Device type: d,52
Access: (0660/crw-rw----)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (  149/   input)
Access: 2015-09-04 17:57:47.982595330 -0400
Modify: 2015-09-04 17:57:47.982595330 -0400
Change: 2015-09-04 17:57:48.058595332 -0400
 Birth: -

$ cat /run/udev/data/c13:82
I:64260000
E:ID_PATH=platform-i8042-serio-2
E:ID_PATH_TAG=platform-i8042-serio-2
E:ID_INPUT=1
E:ID_INPUT_MOUSE=1
E:ID_INPUT_CLASS=mouse

If the file is getting overwritten somehow, one way to get a trace of it
happening is to use inotifywatch(1) to watch /run/udev/data/ to see what
files get created, written, and unlinked when you plug your mouse in.

Apologies for disappearing for the past two weeks. Getting ready for this
next conference took a lot more time than I hoped it would :/
-Jude