:: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now a permiss…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Printing -- now a permissions problem
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 07:04:20PM +0100, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
>> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> writes:
>> > On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 05:47:57PM +0100, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

[...]

>> you could try switching to lprng.
>
> Did that. Now I'm noo longer getting the permissions error.
>
> But the job isn't getting to the printer either, and there seems to be
> problem finding it in the queue.
>
> root@notlookedfor:/home/hendrik# /usr/bin/lpr -h -PHL3170CDW Documents/math/Librationism=1407.3877v3.ps
> root@notlookedfor:/home/hendrik# lpq
> Printer: HL3170CDW@notlookedfor (dest 515@172.25.1.122)
>  Queue: no printable jobs in queue
>  Server: no server active
>  Rank   Owner/ID               Pr/Class Job Files                 Size Time
> error  root@notlookedfor+929        A   929 ERROR: Mystery error from Send_job
> Printer Name: 515
> Jobs: No Jobs in Queue
> root@notlookedfor:/home/hendrik#

> Is Send_job the thing that sends the job to the queue or to the
> printer?

Send_job is the name of the lprng function for sending a job to a remote
print server. If you specifiy

515@172.25.1.122

as printer, it will try to connect to port 515 on 172.25.1.122 (default
port) and then try to spool the job to printer 515, cf

,----

`----
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~tony/LPRng/LPRng-HOWTO-5.html#rp