:: Re: [DNG] devuan Ceres on my old iM…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Riccardo Boninsegna
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] devuan Ceres on my old iMac became too painful
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:26:07 +0100
Dave Turner <dave_t_turner@???> wrote:
> [...] start with debian 6 squeeze because that is the latest version that will boot from CD.
> Do a minimal install without X11 because then you need to upgrade to debian 7 wheezy,
> and then do the same again to get to debian 8 jessie.

You could probably use the current version of Debian in BIOS emulation mode, create partitions (including EFI) with fdisk this way: (using the installer's partman to assign mount points and filesystems only)
1- EFI (about 75 MB)
2- BIOS boot (2 MB is more than enough)
3+ whatever else you want

Ignore the EFI partition for now and install in BIOS mode.

Then, once the system is ready (you probably want to also use the "deb http://angband.pl nosystemd main" repo), format the EFI partition and set it in fstab to appear at /boot/efi, mount it, and install your 32-bit EFI bootloader of choice!

--
If you have received this e-mail by accident,
please bake it in the oven at 250 °C for 40 minutes