:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: karl
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
Rainer Weikusat:
> But "avoid writing parsers where feasible" is IMHO a sound piece
> of advice. Eg, in case some sort of 'config file format' is needed, it's
> often possible to get by by writing a set of
>
> variable=value
>
> statements in Bourne shell syntax and replace the 'start the program'
> command with a shell script sourcing the config file and starting the
> real program with command-line arguments corresponding to the values
> from the config file: The shell already has a parser and since typical

Ack, but sometimes you get data from files which are not disk files,
and you could get it at runtime, and not at start time.

> [*] I once wrote a parser for SMTP headers which actually required an
> additional state-stack in order to be able to 'go back to where we were
> before encountering this'.

I have not a parser, but a string splitter in:

http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/c/libaspoutil/parse.c
http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/c/libaspoutil/parse.h

It splits a string in what I belive shell style. What you do with the
tokens that is your business. It could use some love on the doc side
and some real world testing.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data