:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Neo Futur
A: Steve Litt
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
> I pretty much stopped reading after the following line in the
> composition:
> Fourthly, I will only be dealing with systemd the service manager (of
> which the init is an intracomponent subset, and also contains several
> other internal subsystems and characteristics which will prove of
> paramount importance to the analysis), and to a lesser extent journald.

Same here, if systemd was just an init system, i d probably still
avoid it and fight it, but the main problem is that its much more than
that, eating everything around it (
http://neofutur.net/local/cache-vignettes/L200xH133/arton19-b28db.gif
), and that is the main problem, for sure.

> If systemd was just a PID1 with the features you enumerate above, I'd
> be dancing in the street, not looking for a way out.

not sure i d be dancing . . . but I mostly agree

> If systemd had been just another init system, replacible by any other
> init system, I probably would have thought nothing about it. The vast
> majority of the problem is its complete fencing off of the underlying
> OS.

yup, and forcing his way in with hard dependencies and agressive communication.