:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 11:38:14 -0400
richard white <rwhite8282@???> wrote:

> All,
>
> A detailed technical treatise of systemd
> http://blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2015/10/11/0/
>
> -Rich

Hi Rich,

First, this is the guy who early on made the "uselessd" supposed
knockoff of the Init part of systemd, so he knows his technical chops.

I pretty much stopped reading after the following line in the
composition:

Fourthly, I will only be dealing with systemd the service manager (of
which the init is an intracomponent subset, and also contains several
other internal subsystems and characteristics which will prove of
paramount importance to the analysis), and to a lesser extent journald.

Here's a quote from one of my posts during the Debian-User systemd wars:

If systemd was just a PID1 with the features you enumerate above, I'd
be dancing in the street, not looking for a way out.

If systemd had been just another init system, replacible by any other
init system, I probably would have thought nothing about it. The vast
majority of the problem is its complete fencing off of the underlying
OS.

SteveT