Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] bootstrap-base error Re: About the experimental live DVD
On 14/10/15 22:48, Godefridus Daalmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a short update: Now I added the debian-installer component to my
> experimental live DVD, and I can try to do an installation, but it
> screws up in "installing the base system"
>
> INFO: Menu item 'bootstrap-base' selected
> base-installer: error: exiting on error base-installer/debootstrap-failed
> WARNING **: Configuring 'bootstrap-base' failed with error code 1
> WARNING **: Menu item 'bootstrap-base' failed.
>
> on the installation screen, it complained about the checksum of
> debian-installer/Packages.gz and debian-installer/Packages
>
> This seems to be a recurring error over the years with Debian and Ubuntu...
>
> I verified the MD5 checksums and they are all OK, so that's not the
> *real* problem.
>
> Any hints??

Is their any complaints about the pgp "signature". Given my heavy
involvement on Devuan's d-i package that's where I'd be looking. Make
sure that your correctly installing devuan-keyring and that the default
keyring used points to the devuan keyring and not debians. I had a hell
of a time figuring that one out for debian-installer.

Regards,
    Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.