:: Re: [DNG] About the experimental li…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: David Hare
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] About the experimental live DVD

>> Add to 'live-config' a file '/etc/config/config.conf' containig, for
>> example:
>>
>>      LIVE_HOSTNAME=devuan
>>      LIVE_USERNAME=user
>>      LIVE_USER_FULLNAME="User"
>>      LIVE_USER_DEFAULT_GROUPS="cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev fuse
>> bluetooth netdev scanner"

What live-config manpage says (and what always works here) is actually
/etc/live/config.conf (in the squashfs).

You can also set configs using live/ on the live-media or just as
cmdline parameters.

BTW.. Well done Godefridus for getting this working from live-build.
Please document what you did and let us know when your dvd is posted
somewhere. I look forward to testing it.

I also have done some experimental Devuan-based isos (with installers)
however I do <700MB (yes it's still possible) rather than fully-featured
dvd.

With Trinity Desktop Environment:
http://www.exegnulinux.net/downloads/jessie/

With XFCE4, not official Refracta but similar to Refracta 7:
http://www.exegnulinux.net/refracta/iso/

No nonfree, no *systemd*. Some custom or 3rd party debs (e.g.
consolekit2). Some have eudev.

I don't know live-build well so can't help much with that. It's nothing
you can't do with debootstrap and some custom scripts anyway (which I
actually find easier). Refractasnapshot is also used here for various
other images.

David