:: [DNG] About the experimental live …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: aitor_czr
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] About the experimental live DVD
Hi Frits,

On 08/10/15 17:05, Godefridus Daalmans <frits@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to clarify some things about the live DVD that I made:
>
> - arch is amd64, userid user password live. It works inside virtualbox,
> not tested on bare iron. Do sudo bash to work as root.

You can skip the user's password:

Add to 'live-config' a file '/etc/config/config.conf' containig, for
example:

     LIVE_HOSTNAME=devuan
     LIVE_USERNAME=user
     LIVE_USER_FULLNAME="User"
     LIVE_USER_DEFAULT_GROUPS="cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev fuse
bluetooth netdev scanner"

Sometimes it fails, so i use to add the following lines to
'/etc/init.d/live-config':

   userdel -r user
   groupdel user
   groupadd user
   /usr/sbin/useradd --home /home/user --create-home --gid user live
   FILE1=/etc/passwd
   if grep "^user:x:" ${FILE1}
     then
       LINE1=`grep "^user:x:" ${FILE1}`
       LINE2="user::1002:1002:User,,,:/home/user:/bin/bash"
       rpl -q "${LINE1}" "${LINE2}" ${FILE1}
     fi
   FILE2=/etc/shadow
   if grep "^user:" ${FILE2}
     then
       LINE3=`grep "^user:" ${FILE2}`
       LINE4="user::::::::"
       rpl -q "${LINE3}" "${LINE4}" ${FILE2}
     fi
   fi
   sed -i '25i user ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL' /etc/sudoers

By the way, have you included debian-installer in your distribution?

> - It was an experiment by me to learn live-build and see how far I could
> get with it on Devuan while avoiding systemd
>
> - It's not really a server installation, because that doesn't match with
> a live DVD. Maybe that's why it was so easy to stay away from
> libsystemd0 (thanks Devuan!!)

Mmm... Yes, it's possible a live session without any Desktop Environment
or Window Manager.

> - It has udev and libudev1 (Devuan Jessie, couldn't purge systemd
> completely)
>
> - It is not an "official" Devuan selection of packages; it's a bloated
> DVD full of 2.4 Gb of unrelated stuff. I call it "Vannsätter Linux".
>
> - Nothing from non-free, so it's missing firmware-linux-nonfree, rar,
> p7zip, and various microcodes, as well as mondo/mindi/afio:-(

Good, free distros are always a good thing !!

> - No wifi programs 'cause I don't have a laptop (suggestions??)

Of course: 'netman'. There are deb packages, but i must do one change in
them: i have to move 'netman.desktop' from '/usr/share/applications' to
'/etc/xdg/autostart'.

> - I just put on it stuff that I selected for the following four
> completely different purposes:
>
> (1) generic live DVD, like the old Knoppix, for people from my village
> to experiment with when they crash their MS Windows computers. The
> locale is set to sv_SE.UTF-8, good to practise your Swedish. I couldn't
> figure out how to change it while it's running.
> So you can enter your credit card details if you want to begin on-line
> shopping. I'm not a security expert, so I thought iceweasel (=firefox)
> and HTTPS are good enough.
> It has childsplay and stellarium.

If you like knoppix, i'm packaging the latest version of Compiz Fusion
(the sources are not included in knoppix's repositories; only the
packages). You will can import the configuration of Compiz Fusion from
knoppix, because it's the same version of Compiz.

As regards locale, you can change it typing 'dpkg-reconfigure locales',
but it needs a reboot of the system. So, you must configure it in the
'append initrd' of the iso. Keyboard configuration can be changed using
'fbxkb', but i found a bug in it: **after running fbxkb **'Alt Gr' key
is not detected**.