:: Re: [DNG] live-build experiment wor…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] live-build experiment worked!
Le 06/10/2015 19:07, Godefridus Daalmans a écrit :
> Hej,
>
> I just wanted to mention that I got an experimental Devuan jessie
> live-build to work with LXDE and lightdm and iceweasel.
>
> And amprolla seems to have lost the Contents-amd64.gz file so I had to
> make one.
>
> The only systemd components are udev and libudev1 (215-17+deb8u2)
>
> There's an annoying PolicyKit1 error at the beginning but otherwise it
> works.
>

> Thanks everyone who made this possible!
>
> I had to modify the live-build scripts quite a bit, which I'd like to
> upload. I haven't tested if they still work for Debian jessie.
>
> Another tip: after lb config, edit config/apt/preferences to add:
> Package: libpam-systemd
> Pin: release o=Debian
> Pin-Priority: -1
>
> It was a bit tricky to convince lightdm it didn't need systemd.
>
> If you'd like, you can e-mail me suggestions for what to include until
> 1 DVD (4 Gb) is full, for a generic Devuan workstation.
>
> Version 0 has:
> - lxde-core
> - lxterminal
> - iceweasel
> - vim
> - xorg
> - locales
> - util-linux-locales
> - lightdm
>
> I'm probably going to put on it:
> - build-essential
> - linux-source and dkms
> - dpkg-dev
> - git
> - ssh
> - lvm2
> - mdadm
> - parted
> - gnu-fdisk
> - openssl
> - lynx
> - debianutils
> - debootstrap
> - xpdf
> - gnuplot (hey I like gnuplot)
> - libreoffice-writer
> - mondo and mindi, although they're in non-free due to the license of
> afio
>
> can you give me more suggestions?
>
> greetings,
> Frits

     I can think of two things:

     - An editor for people uncomfortable with vi. emacs, or even
emacs23-nox would be fine.

     - A partitionner more user-friendly than parted or fdisk: gparted
if GUI is possible, or cfdisk, which has a simple curses interface. The
drawback of cfdisk is that it doesn't know GPT partitions tables.

     Thanks.
                         Didier