:: Re: [DNG] Printing
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Printing
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 06:54:53PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 05/10/15 18:48, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> >I made the /var/spool/lpd directory manually, since a search of Debian
> >packages didn't find any package that includes it as part of its
> >infrastructure.
>
> I think you will find it is from the 'lpr' package

Which I do not have installed. Nor lprng. Instead, I have cups-bsd.
Each of them privides its own /usr/bin/lpr file.

Online I'm told the way to specify my printer is to use the -S option on
lpr and give it an IP number, but the man page for lpr does not have
that option. Presumably cups-bsd, which is what I have installed, does
not have that option. So presumably it's time to uninstall cups and all
its relativees and relations and install lpr.

Then see if this is the right /usr/bin/lpr.

-- hendrik