:: Re: [DNG] Printing
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Printing
I made the /var/spool/lpd directory manually, since a search of Debian
packages didn't find any package that includes it as part of its
infrastructure. I still think that something's missing, (possibly
something that puts files into this spool queue) but now the package
hl3170cdwlpr-1.1.2-1.i386.deb that I downloaded from Brother's website
installs without problem.

I still don't know how to submit any file to be printed. Presumably it
has to be a .ps or .pdf, since that's what the printer can handle
natively.

But man lpr tells me to specify a destination I have no idea what to
specify here to identify the printer.

>From the man page for lpr, I get the impression that lpr is part of

CUPS. Is that really correct? Wasn't there an lpr command long ago
that wasn't part of CUPS? It seems I remember using something like
it in the days of Unix in the 1970's.

-- hendrik