:: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: fsmithred
To: Edward Bartolo, dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
I can't tell from the pictures exactly what the flow is from one window to
another, but if it works out such that you can select the interface from a
list and have it auto-fill the interface name in the window that asks for
it, then you'll have one-up on wicd, which makes you type the interface name.

It would be bad if the user has to remember something like wlx78e7d1ea46da
and type it into the next window. (Or even have to remember to
copy/paste). If the auto-fill isn't possible, then I'd suggest having both
windows open so the user can look at it while they're typing.

For reference, in wicd, you can manually enter the default interface in
the gui or in a config file. Putting it into either one will automatically
add it to the other.

RE: "gnome foot' icon:
I thought the same thing, until I saw it enlarged. I think it's really a
wolverine or maybe a wolf.

-fsr