:: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: David Hare
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
Some observations, testing netman.

I have a (devuan-based) installation running eudev. The (usb) wireless
device shows as wlan0 and netman works fine. As this machine is a fixed
tower it doesn't normally need netman gui so my autostart calls this,
and it works:

xterm -title "Connecting to network..." -e "/usr/lib/netman/bin/backend 10"

I would like to do similar before user login, maybe with an initscript.

WICD and its ******* dbus reliance is now sacked for this machine.

I have also live-images with eudev, unfortunately they can't use netman
so far because:

root@exefce:/home/user# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

enp5s4    no wireless extensions.

enp2s0    no wireless extensions.

wlp0s29f7u3  IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:off/any
           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=0 dBm
           Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
           Encryption key:off
           Power Management:on

Those interfaces (except "lo") do show in netman's main window. However:

wlan0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

ERROR: power_scan(): "/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up" did not exit successfully
(status=255).

I hope this can be fixed soon. I built from latest git with
dpkg-buildpackage, using the debian.tar.xz available with the netman deb
package. BTW the build-deps list don't include build-essential, which
was necessary although everything else was straightforward. I was a bit
disturbed that they were around 900MB to install.

(minor irritation) the "gnome foot" icon!

David