:: Re: [DNG] mailing list software
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Miles Fidelman
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] mailing list software
JeremyBekka C wrote:
> I have been using my gmail account to read this mailing list but I
> would like to move over to a program specifically designed for mailing
> lists. I found mailman and it looks like it would work well. Just
> wondering if I could get some suggestions about would program would be
> best to use with this and other mailing lists.

Methinks you might be confusing things just a trifle:

- mailman (and majordomo, and sympa, and listserve....) are MAILING LIST
MANAGERS - they're what keeps track of all the people on a list, and
distributes mail to them - you don't use them to read mail (except that
some provide web-based access to archives)

- you READ mailing list, and SEND to them, from a basic email client -
like gmail, or Thunderbird, or Outlook, or Mac's "Mail" program - all of
which include features for sorting and filtering mail, and to a lesser
or greater degree automatically displaying message threads and/or
putting list mail into folders

If you're not happy with the gmail web interface, I'd suggest playing
with different clients that can support "IMAP" access to your mailbox

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra