:: Re: [Libbitcoin] testnet conditiona…
Página Inicial
Autor: Eric Voskuil
Para: William Swanson, Libbitcoin
Assunto: Re: [Libbitcoin] testnet conditionality
On 09/29/2015 06:57 PM, William Swanson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Eric Voskuil <eric@???> wrote:
>> libbitcoin-explorer wallet commands no longer require recompile for
>> testnet, but there are a couple of commands that are partially limited
>> to mainnet until the next wave. Specifically (1) hd-public and hd-new
>> always produce mainnet keys when deriving from any private key, and (2)
>> the tx-encode --ouputs option is limited to mainnet payment/stealth
>> addresses (with the exception of an explicit script).
>
> I am not aware of any software that actually uses this part of the HD
> spec. The general trend, in fact, has been to generate as much stuff
> as possible, including altcoin keys, from the same HD tree. The
> distinction between regular HD keys and "testnet" HD keys is becoming
> more and more meaningless over time, so this can probably be put off
> until later.

Agree, the matrix of coin prefixes is quite overloaded and unnecessary
in terms of useful scenarios. I've implemented this across the board
because of a desire for completeness, and given that it's not hard.

In a related area, stealth addresses versions are bothering me. I"ll
follow in another post.