:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Constitu..?
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Devuan Constitu..?
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 16:40:58 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 09:39:08PM +0200, natacha wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > On 09/28/2015 08:10 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> > > Hi natacha,The first four sections look pretty standard.
> > Yes, it is standard and very minimal, by curiosity, which txt are
> > you talking about?
> > > But if you haven't done a fairly accurate assessment of how the
> > > community actually getswork done, it's highly unlikely that what
> > > is written about governance will reflect reality.
> > What is up there is only a draft for possible organisation, and I
> > agree needs to be grounded on the functioning of the community, this
> > is actually what this process is about.
> >
> > Insteadit will confuse and frustrate newcomers, who will be forced
> > to learn two sets of "rules"-- oneofficial one that's clear yet
> > largely ineffectual, the other unspoken, complex, and real.
> > (Thereare also many other problems that can happen from this, but
> > that alone should be sufficientto be persuasive.
>
> Perhaps what we need is a document that describes how devuan does
> operate rather than one that says how it ought to operate. A
> descriptive, rathr than a prescriptive document.
>
> Maybe we'll need the prescriptve document later, but the descriptive
> one will do for now.

I completely understand the benefits of a written way of doing
things, but I'd like to point out one thing: the Debian bosses managed
to ram through systemd using (I'd characterize it as hiding behind)
their written ways of doing things.

So, as we consider the extent to which our society should be written
down, we should consider that some future members of our society might
not be as, for want of a better word, cool as we are. Remember, once
upon a time Debian was truly a righteous group.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust