:: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netma…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: fsmithred
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netman?
@Edward and David:

Don't know if this is helpful or if you've already seen it...

Here's how the new network interface naming scheme works (or is supposed
to work):
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

>From that page:

"By default, systemd v197 will now name interfaces following policy 1) if
that information from the firmware is applicable and available, falling
back to 2) if that information from the firmware is applicable and
available, falling back to 3) if applicable, falling back to 5) in all
other cases. Policy 4) is not used by default, but is available if the
user chooses so."

And from my own testing on sid using a usb wireless interface, I got
Policy 4 (MAC address in device name) by default, contrary to what it
says. (Maybe 'cause I'm not running systemd?)

This describes the names in detail:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/udev/udev-builtin-net_id.c#n20

fsr