著者: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netman?
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:
> Quote "If I had one thing to ask you to do (besides what you just did), it
> would be to fork ncurses and make it so that it would work with
> Valgrind when you use a specific command line option. As ncurses stands
> now, you must recompile it to make it not erroneously tell Valgrind
> that it's leaking like a sieve."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Could you please give me more details about what such a project would
> involve? What is the package name we are after, and what does it do?

https://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/

Considering

https://www.daniweb.com/programming/software-development/threads/352855/ncurses-memory-leak-problem
http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html#config_leaks
http://valgrind.10908.n7.nabble.com/valgrind-with-curses-library-td33748.html

the issue seems to be more on of interpreting the valgrind output
incorrectly: It didn't report any memory leaks (allocated memory which
is no longer reachable) but that the library allocated memory it
retained for future use which is still reachable.