:: [DNG] The systemd thought process: …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netman?
Assumpte: [DNG] The systemd thought process: was What can I do after netman?
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 16:34:58 +0200
John Crisp <jcrisp@???> wrote:

> On 25/09/15 17:07, Hleb Valoshka wrote:

> > I don't see any reason to throw away wicd and replace it with your
> > tool.
>
> Excellent. Who said you had too ? Is it compulsory or obligatory ? I
> don't remember seeing that anywhere.

:-)

John, I bet you've seen that, or something similar, voiced by the
systemd fanboiz...

On the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts mailing list, I've been involved in
pro-anti systemd skirmishes for a month now. A favorite argument of the
systemd fanboiz is "it works great for me, so you don't need
something different!" As if we all have the same use case.

Oh, and just for the record, if a dbusless alternative to wicd appears,
I'll use it every time. The less reliance my system has on dbus, the
better I like it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust