:: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-ba…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-based service manager for Unix systems
Jaromil <jaromil@???> writes:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015, Simon Hobson wrote:

[...]

> What I'm particularly interested is something to do process monitoring
> and respawning for a certain group of daemons - bundle in s6-rc? however
> not necessarily mixed with the system-wide base daemons. For instance
> in Dowse's current proof-of-concept it happens (very seldom, once every
> 2 months, yet it does) that squid segfaults. I wish to have something
> that is not a lousy shell-script (and of course not a monster of
> office-suite dimensions taking over the whole setup) to notice the
> crash, save the logs aside and restart the daemon - and fast.

I can't publish the code as that's something I've been paid to write and
hence, it subject to the usual, draconic "even if you dream of code, it
belongs to us" employement contract clauses but this (including safely
sending signals to processes, restarts in certain intervals and
reliable process termination using a custom signal [specifically added
for squid]) can be implemented with a C program of less than 1000 lines
of code and such that it does "play well" with existing init scripts
(because it's just a command and not an attempt to remodel the whole
system).