:: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-b…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Didier Kryn
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-based service manager for Unix systems
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 03:40:35PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:

[cut]

>     But, as you or Jaromil said, and we all agree on this, the
> important thing is that Devuan provide this new high quality
> software, so that admins have more freedom. Important also is the
> fact that fast and dependency-based startup and supervision is the
> major sales argument for Systemd, and s6-rc does it better and in a
> simpler way, and does only that.

Just to clarify: I am very happy that s6-rc is out, even if I would
probably not benefit directly from it, as much as I am happy that
things like KDE 4 exist, even if I have never used them. It
contributes to freedom of choice, and seems to adhere to KISS
principles, hence I consider it *good* :)

I was just warning ourselves about the risks of embracing the wrong
narrative to support projects like s6-rc. Despite the recent
degeneracies we have been witnessing, the usefulness of a software
does not increase or get diminished if we keep saying that it is more
or less useful than this or that other existing software, for this or
that particular reason. The users will have the final say, and their
decision might (or might not) coincide with the expectations of the
developers, whatever they are...

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]