:: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-b…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] [announce] s6-rc, a s6-based service manager for Unix systems
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:40:23 +0100
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

> Laurent Bercot <ska-devel@???> writes:
> > On 24/09/2015 15:31, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> >> I'd still very much like to see an actual example which really
> >> needs these depenencies which isn't either bogus or a workaround
> >> for a bug in the software being managed.
> >
> > Your network must be up before you do any network connections.
>
> Absolutely not. By the time some process wants to make a TCP
> connection (example), there must be a way to transport/ route IP
> datagrams with a given source address to a certain destination

We can argue all day about technical minutae, but the fact is it's very
difficult to prove that there will never be a use case requiring a
supervised long run to precede a one-shot.

Demonstrating that nobody can come up with such a use case is not the
same as proving that it can never happen in any use case.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust