:: Re: [DNG] vdev status update: event…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jude Nelson
Aan: vmlinux
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] vdev status update: eventfs
@shraptor
> So how to get eventfs going with vdev.
> ./eventfs /run/udev
> or where should eventfs be mounted?
> Eventfs mounting will not be handled by vdev, right?

Vdev won't set up eventfs. I'll ship a sysv init script with it that will
mount it automatically (probably shortly after init starts, since
libudev-compat programs will need it relatively early in the boot process).

I was planning on having it mounted on /run/events, in order to make it
available as a generic IPC system for other programs to use for their own
purposes. Eventfs isn't specific to vdev; I'm hoping to use it as a
partial alternative to dbus. I'm open to alternative mount points, though.

@jaromil
> Amazing news. noone here doubts you are continuing to build up on the
> solid foundations you laid, I am sure vdev will become a relevant
> component for many mission-critical GNU/Linux system installations.

> Please do not hesitate to ask for anything you need in terms of
> infrastructure and funding we can contribute from our donation pot.

Thank you for your generous offer! I think I'm fine for now insofar as
development infrastructure, but one thing that will be particularly tricky
is creating the packaging scripts needed to replace udev automatically, but
without rendering the host unbootable if something goes wrong.

Thanks,
Jude