:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jeremy Corbyn wins L…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jeremy Corbyn wins Labour campaign, obliterates other candidates
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015, Jaromil wrote:

> I also think that yes, marxism irrelevant. Ideologies are irrelevant.
> People in western societies are not stupid. We are cynical, just a

let me punctualize, here I should have written "People are not stupid".

just take this as a signal of the fact my train of thought in writing
was concentrated on the history of the industrial revolution (and green
revolution) as we know it in Europe and USA. I do not mean at all to say
that people elsewhere are stupid, I'm sure they aren't.

My posture here is more about removing a certain stereotype, often
coming from activist frustrations, about people "not caring about real
issues". If we really feel they don't then we may have to do some
homework in order to understand what are the issues that really affect
most people, the "minimum viable issues" so to say :) and how we can
talk about them.

To conclude, I believe that Marx was capable of doing this. Bookchin
also, especially as he focuses on ecology and sustainability, but I
don't really see a conflict there - perhaps a synthesis ante-litteram
could be found in the works of Max Horkeimer. I do perceive Bookchin's
critic to be directed to the ideologisation of Marx, rather than his
work.

ciao